The Spark weekend wouldn’t happen without an awesome team of 80+ volunteers! Volunteers are proud to be UBC Sauder students and want to create the best possible welcome for new students by assisting with coat check, set-up, tear down, game stations, registration, food distribution, night event and more. They get a behind-the-scenes experience and are right in the middle of all the action!
Sign up to be a spark volunteer
We're looking for individuals who:
- are looking for an opportunity to get involved in Sauder
- are passionate about making sure every new student feels welcome in the UBC Sauder community
- exemplify Sauder’s core values of rigour, respect, and responsibility
- know how to have responsible fun with a good sense of judgement
- love being a Sauder student and embody the Sauder Spirit!
Time commitment of a Spark Volunteer
- Attend mandatory Volunteer Training (September 3, 2018) - Volunteer Training is a half day of preparation for The Spark, including logistic details for the event and practical training for your roles. Food will be provided.
- Attend one Spark Work Party (evening of September 5 and September 6, 2018 – choose one date) - Help the Spark Exec Team assemble team boxes and complete all the last minute tasks leading up to the event. Dinner will be provided.
- Attend The Spark (September 7-9, 2018 - variety of shifts available) - The Spark builds community and school spirit, by providing opportunities to further develop interpersonal relationships amongst new students and with their Orientation Leaders.
To all our existing volunteers
Thank you in advance for your willingness to help by volunteering at Spark 2018. Your contribution to our program and activities will enhance the experience for all participants. We hope that the time you spend with us is rewarding, fun and meaningful.